##TERMS AND CONDITIONS Version 1.1—December 27, 2016
The Coworking Space membership application does not create a tenancy but a prepaid usage license to use the provided amenities on a monthly or casual basis.
2. Description of Services Makery Coworking may provide you with access to office space, workstations, Internet access, office equipment, conference space, knowledge resources, and other services (collectively, "Services"). The Services at all times are subject to the TOU.
3. No Unlawful or Prohibited Use As a condition of your use of the Services, you will not use the Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Makery Coworking systems, or the network(s) connected to any Makery Coworking server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Services.
You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Services, or accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Makery Coworking server or to any of the Services, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Services, nor should you post or download files that you know or should know are illegal or that you have no rights to.
You hereby represent and warrant that you have all requisite legal power and authority to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this TOU and no further authorization or approval is necessary. You further represent and warrant that your participation or use of the Services will not conflict with, or result in, any breach of any license, contract, agreement or other instrument or obligation to which you are a party.
4. Use of services You agree that when participating in or using the Services, you will not: ○ Use the Services in connection with contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise); ○ Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others; ○ Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information on or through Makery Coworking servers; ○ Upload, or otherwise make available, files that contain images, photographs, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, including, by way of example, and not limited to, copyright, trademark laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consent to do the same; ○ Use any material or information, including images or photographs, which are made available through the services in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary right of any party; ○ Upload files that contain viruses, Trojan Horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another computer or property of another; ○ Download any file(s) that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally reproduced, displayed, performed, and or/distributed in such manner; ○ Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services; ○ Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for any particular Service; ○ Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without the authorization or consent of the disclosing party; and ○ Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
5. Renewals and Terminations This Agreement is automatically renewed at the end of each period with consent of each party.
The TOU must be adhered to at all times. Failure to follow TOU can result in non renewal or even early termination of the usage license. Makery Coworking reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with the TOU. This includes non-payment or violation of the space rules. If this happens, Makery Coworking will refund any amounts paid for unused periods that remain after deducting any pending charges, on a prorated basis.
Members may terminate this Agreement by giving a written notice of termination as established in this Agreement. Termination shall be in effect as of the end of that calendar month. Should Member not provide timely notice of termination to Makery Coworking then the Membership Period shall continue to the end of the following calendar month and the service fees for that calendar month shall be payable.
6. Invoicing and Payment The member is automatically invoiced monthly in advance based on their membership option. Also included is any variable or add-on charge(s) that may have been incurred during the previous period. Payment is required at the beginning of the month for that period, at the date specified in the invoice. Payment for day rate usage is either paid on the day of use unless other arrangements have been made with Makery Coworking.
7. Makery Coworking reserves the right at all times to disclose any information about you, your participation in and use of the Services as Makery Coworking deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Makery Coworking’s sole discretion.
8. Confidentiality a. You acknowledge and agree that during your participation in and use of the Services you may be exposed to Confidential Information. "Confidential Information" shall mean all information, in whole or in part, that is disclosed by Makery Coworking, or any participant or user of the Services, or any employee affiliate, or agent thereof, that is non-public, confidential or proprietary in nature.
Confidential Information also includes, but is not limited to, information about business, sales, operations, know-how, trade secrets, technology, products and financial information.
b. Your participation in and/or use of the Services obligates you to
I. maintain all Confidential Information in strict confidence; II. not to disclose Confidential Information to any third parties; III. not to use the Confidential Information in any way directly or indirectly detrimental to Makery Coworking, or any participant or user of the Services.
c. All Confidential Information remains the sole and exclusive property of Makery Coworking or the respective disclosing party. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this TOU, or your participation or use of the Services, will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, Confidential Information such as any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Makery Coworking, or any participant or user of the Services.
9. Participation in or Use of Services You acknowledge that you are participating in or using the Services at your own free will and decision. You acknowledge that Makery Coworking does not have any liability with respect to your access, participation in, use of the Services, or any loss of information resulting from such participation or use.
10. Disclaimer of Warranties To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law, Makery Coworking provides the Services “as is,” and hereby disclaim with respect to the services all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including, but not limited to, any (if any) warranties, duties or conditions of or related to: merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, lack of viruses, accuracy or completeness of responses, results, workmanlike effort and lack of negligence. Also there is no warranty, duty or condition of title, quiet enjoyment, quiet possession, correspondence to description or non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality, or arising out of participation in or the use of the services, remains with you.
11. Exclusion of Incidental, Consequential and Certain Other Damages To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law, in no event shall Makery Coworking or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly or individually be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty (including of good faith or of reasonable care, negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever) arising out of, or in any way related to, the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the services, the provision of or failure to provide services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement, even in the event of the fault, tort (including negligence), strict liability, breach of contract or breach of warranty of Makery Coworking, and even if Makery Coworking has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
12. Limitation of Liability and Remedies Notwithstanding any damages that you might incur for any reason whatsoever (including, without limitation, all damages referenced above and all direct or general damages), the entire liability of Makery Cowokring or its subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns under any provision of this TOU and your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to actual damages incurred by you based on reasonable reliance. The foregoing limitations, exclusions and disclaimers, including sections 8 and 9 above) shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, even if any remedy fails its essential purpose.
13. Termination Makery Coworking reserves the right to terminate any Service at any time. Makery Coworking further reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Service, immediately and without notice.
14. Indemnification You release, and hereby agree to indemnify, defend and save harmless Makery Coworking and Makery Coworking subsidiaries (whether or not wholly-owned), affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, members, representatives, employees, successors and assigns, jointly and individually, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs, expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the Services. You further agree in the event that you bring a claim or lawsuit in violation of this agreement, you shall be liable for any attorneys’ fees and costs incurred by Makery Coworking or its respective officers and agents in connection with the defense of such claim or lawsuit.
15. Severability In the event that any provision or portion of this TOU is determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions of this TOU shall be unaffected thereby and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
16. Insurance Makery Coworking will carry Liability and Business Personal Property insurance. As a user of the space and Services, it is strongly suggested that you carry a Renters Insurance policy to cover your own equipment while using our space. That policy may cover your current residence/office, as well as the premises of Makery Coworking.
17. Sexual Harassment Makery Coworking believes that you should be afforded the opportunity to work in an environment free of sexual harassment. Sexual harassment is a form of misconduct that undermines the member relationship. No member, either male or female, should be subjected verbally or physically to unsolicited and unwelcomed sexual overtures or conduct. Sexual harassment refers to behavior that is not welcome, that is personally offensive, that debilitates morale and, therefore, interferes with work effectiveness. Behavior that amounts to sexual harassment will not be tolerated and may result in disciplinary action, up to and including immediate cancelation of services.
Cobot is the web platform used by Makery Coworking to provide this website.
See Cobot Terms